I miss going down to the local cafe to get an iced coffee on a sunny day and then taking a stroll around the neighborhood with it in hand. So, I decided to bring my spring weekend tradition into the home and make my own iced coffee!
Here's my recipe for my "iced coffee". There's chocolate, whipped cream and all round deliciousness.. It's super fast and easy to make so there's barely a recipe. I hope you enjoy!
What you'll need:
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee
- 2 teaspoons dark cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- Whipped cream
- Half and half
- Ice chunks/cubes
- Combine the instant coffee, cocoa powder and sugar in a cup. Add a little bit of hot water to dissolve, just enough water so that you can blend the mixture until it's smooth.
- Add a splash of half and half to cool the mixture down.
- Add ice. I like to use big chunks so that they melt slower.
- Stream in the milk. (I use whole milk here, but I imagine oat milk would be super tasty too.)
- Top it with whipped cream and enjoy!